GertLUG is a Bristol based LEGO® user group that began meeting up in 2017. We have a monthly meet up where any Adult Fans of LEGO® who happen to be in the area can come along to discuss, swap and trade all things LEGO®. As well as the monthly meet ups in Bristol, many of our members display some of their brick built creations at events across the country.
Benefits of becoming a member of GertLUG are listed below;
- Access to members only area of the GertLUG website
- Access to members only Facebook group
- First refusal for displaying at GertLUG organised events
- A GertLUG brick and display cards for events
- Invitations to occasional additional events and activities
- Discounts at selected Bricklink stores
The aims of GertLUG
- Create an inclusive and supportive network of Adult Fans of LEGO (AFOLs) where ideas, collaboration and encouragement can be promoted within a community of like-minded people in gatherings and through social media.
- Provide a platform for individuals and teams so that their creativity with the use of LEGO bricks can be exhibited and displayed publicly.
- Community engagement and supporting local charities and groups is at the heart of what we do.
Notable dates in GertLUG history
- Sunday 8th May 2022
GertLUG Instagram account set up
- Thursday 23rd July 2020
Member's only area of the GertLUG website goes live to registered members
- Friday 10th July 2020
GertLUG becomes an officially recognised LEGO User Group with the LEGO Group
- Tuesday 21st April 2020
First virtual monthly meet up due to coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Sunday 2nd June 2019
First event under the GertLUG name at the Avon Valley Railway
- Monday 29th April 2019
First part of the GertLUG website online
- Tuesday 19th March 2019
GertLUG Facebook Page and Twitter account set up
- Saturday 17th November 2018
GertLUG members display at the Bristol Brick Show 2018
- Monday 27th November 2017
First meet up of Adult Fans of LEGO® in Bristol and the surrounding area at The Lazy Dog in Ashley Down, Bristol